Thursday, 1 November 2012

EQ2-I'm back

Last week Darren, my editor at OnRPG, asked if he were to give me a code for the collector's edition of Chains of Eternity (the next expansion for EQ2) would I write about it.  Does a bear shit in the woods? Is the Pope Catholic? You get the idea.  Of course, I would!

EQ2 has always been one of my favourite games but when it went F2P I wasn't receptive to the idea so stopped playing.  I went ahead and got the gold sub for the next couple months for playing while I wait for this expansion and then write about it.  I was very pleased that the game hasn't changed that much since going to F2P.  If you sub, mind.  If you try to F2P with a previously subbed account your bags get locked, characters get locked, etc.    My 80s were naked and bags locked and overflowing.  Bah,  But subbing again means it is all back to normal including my much loved houses.

Monk's house in Queynos

Inquisitor's house in Freeport

Assassin's rooftop garden in Freeport

A neat thing that has been added since I've been gone is the housing leaderboard which allows players to rate houses.  Needless to say I have spent some time since coming back travelling to and and from other players houses to have a sneaky peek and rate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment