Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Rules of the Inn

Yesterday I was in Hastings with hubby and his parents.  We had lunch in a pub in Old Town which apparently has a smuggler past.  I was so pleased by this because I have been creating my highwayman (woman) in Guild Wars 2.

This sign was on the wall in the pub. I actually want this for myself and am contemplating doing a version of it  to hang in the office.  It isn't the best photo. There was a lot of glare and getting the whole picture in the shot proved tricky.




RULES OF THE INN

NO THIEVES, FAKIRS, ROGUES or TINKERS ~
NO SKULKING LOAFERS or
FLEA-BITTEN TRAMPS

No 'SLAP an' TICKLE o' THE WENCHES
NO BANGING o' TANKARDS on the TABLES
No DOGS ALLOWED IN THE KITCHEN
       NO COCKFIGHTING

FLINTLOCKS,CUDGELS, DAGGERS and SWORDS
to be handed to the INKEEPER
       for safe-keeping ~

Bed for the Night ... ... ... ...1 Shilling
Stabling for Horse... ... ... ...4 pence

       1786



I had mentioned I was playing a pistol packin' mama on my thief in my previous post; however, she isn't doing as much damage as I would like. I think she would be more fun as daggers so I've gone and made an engineer who dual wields pistols much better and is a ton of fun to play.

This outfit is actually a bandit disguise for her personal story quest but I want it!  She is currently sporting this ensemble which isn't too bad.




2 comments:

  1. Love that poster!

    http://www.stationbay.com/rules-of-the-inn-in-1786-tin-sign.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a place in the UK that sells it:

    http://www.dorsetgifts.com/posters.html?gclid=CKG964mdnrICFcUPfAodEy0AQQ

    (I've got the "Wreck Sale" one somewhere in my cupboards)

    ReplyDelete