Saturday, 31 March 2012

Warhammer MMO is dead. Long live orks!



It is sad news indeed.  Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium is no longer an MMO.


'Based on changing market dynamics and the additional investment required to complete the game as an MMO, we believe the right direction for us is to shift the title from an MMO to a premium experience with single and multiplayer gameplay, robust digital content and community features,' said THQ boss Brian Farrell. 
I was rather looking forward to it as I know Richard and Jonathan were.

But this isn't going to stop me from acquiring my ork army.  I am not planning on playing the tabletop version of the game.  I just WANT an ork army.  Rather  like that super cute pair of shoes.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  You just want them. And I just want my ork army.

A while ago the lovely Jonathan, who now writes for OnRPG, sent me a box full of ork body parts for me to assemble and paint. It is a very slow process as I don't paint them continuously and am a bit rubbish at it. They are quite tiny compared to my canvases I normally paint on (duh). But all in all it is a good time.

ork body parts

The orks in the back are the ones that Jonathan painted.  Mine are the ones in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment