Friday, 10 February 2012

On the horizon

As a gamer who has played a lot of MMOs I am always looking forward to the next thing.  Right now I've got two games on my radar that I want to try.  Ian will probably say "what about Guild Wars 2?" and I say I will definitely try it but I am not champing at the bit to play.  Yes, it looks lovely but it doesn't EXCITE me.

 WildStar-Carbine Studios, NCSoft

WildStar looks fun! It has a cartoony art style similar to WoW or Allods  but more sci-fi and I like it! Though not sure about the bunny ears.  I am, however, sure about big guns and awesome looking vehicles.

You can see the very stylised trailer here.

 The Secret World-Funcom

Modern setting, fantasy, the supernatural and secret societies, what's not to love (potentially)? You can take the personality test here to see which secret society you'd belong to.  I am a Templar. TSW has an estimated release of April 2012. Now, pick me for beta Funcom.  I've played your other games and haven't been snarky once.


  • Dragon | The most secretive of the societies, believing that the natural chaos of life, collapse and rebuilding, is the only path to harmony.
  • The Illuminati | Constantly pushing for a New World Order, Illuminati agents work hard, play hard, and fight dirty.
  • Templars | Soldiers known as the lions of the secret world, standing at the forefront of the war against darkness.






If these two turn out to be duds there is always Firefall and GW2 or any of my go to games.











No comments:

Post a Comment