Thursday, 2 February 2012

No shame in my game

When I read that EverQuest is going to free to play I thought about all those people who are tried and true and have been playing it for 13 years.  It made me realize one thing.  World of Warcraft is my EverQuest.  WoW is my go to game when there is nothing of note worth playing in the mmorpg genre.  I started playing WoW on Dec 6, 2004 and do you know what I did yesterday? I didn't resub. No.  I started a brand new fresh account.  Bought new games and everything.  No baggage.  No extra bells and whistles of a seven year old account, no titles, nothing.  I am starting over.  Completely.  No access to my old characters, no gold, no bags.  I am a nub (except I know the game inside out).  I am going to play it as it is now intended to be played for a new audience.  Hopefully try to see it with fresh insight.

Oh and if you recall me saying I would rather put my eye out or something than play WoW, I always say stuff like that.  Ask Ian.  He will tell you. I always go back to WoW even if only briefly.

I have had a love/hate relationship with WoW since The Wrath of the Lich King, which was utter crap.  In vanilla WoW and The Burning Crusade it was purely love. Cataclysm tried but it is far too linear.  The Mists of Pandaria makes me want to hurl myself off a tall building.

And with that I leave you one of Myndflames finest works:  Illegal Danish Super Snacks

1 comment:

  1. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you are dipping your toes into the murky world of Azeroth again - especially as there is almost nothing else you haevn't tried that's currently available. Which class this time around?

    ReplyDelete