Friday, 13 January 2012

Character Customization-Part 8

This is it.  I believe I am finally done with this series on character creation.  One thing is certain and that is I play too many games.  Or do I?

Right.  Allods was possibly released in 2010.  I say possibly because I can't find the actual release date.  According to Wikipedia in 2010 it was highly criticised for its pricing of cash shop items. Allods is free to play.  As mentioned in a previous post, I am only covering two free to play games.
Star Trek Online was released in 2010.  Character creation is fun with a lot of choices.  Not quite CoH level of choices but still kept me entertained for longer than necessary.  Sadly, the game isn't as good as its characters but STO is a winner if personalisation is your thing. Oh and if you like really repetitive games then this is fab. What is with the games with the best creation have the dullest game play? Can't polish a turd but these devs sure try.

Last, but by no means least, is Rift.  This is the game I currently play.  I got into the first closed beta (and all the subsequent betas)so this game is special to me. I will try to refrain from sounding like a fan girl.  Rift's character creation is about on par with Age of Conan which is a nice happy medium.  Good choices but not so many where you are there for two hours making a character (yes, I've done that). But where Rift shines, and this is the most important, is the game itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment